I'm a woman who feels less safe in public the more I lose. Has anyone experienced this?

I know that no matter what size, women tend to be more situationally aware in public, it's just habit. I do always try to be safe and aware of my surroundings, and I know bad things can happen to women of all sizes but I at least always had it in my head like, at least no one is going to be able to throw my fat ass into the back of a van and it was a small comfort. Anyway, so the more I lose the more vulnerable I feel, I guess? I got catcalled recently for the first time in years and I guess I'm so used to being invisible it is making me really nervous. Has anyone had these types of feelings? I feel kind of silly but idk...

Edit: I feel better knowing it isn't just me, but it's so upsetting that so many of you have had these types of experiences. Thank you for all your support and ideas.

submitted by /u/juneXgloom
[link] [comments]

from RSSMix.com Mix ID 8319519 https://ift.tt/3CMsvbu

Comments

Popular Posts