lost some weight, stalled, working out a lot, having a hard time losing the rest.

43, M, 5'11". Currently about 207. My usual "not paying attention to weight or diet and just living my life" weight is around 195. In which case, I look decent, am active, but still have a belly. dadbod, i guess. about two years ago, I tore my PCL mountain biking. spent 6 months in PT, gained a bunch of weight, about 225. Then COVID happened and I lost my job and gained more weight. Got up to 240. Heaviest I've ever been in my life. Then I crashed mountain biking again and almost died. lots of broken bones, collapsed lung, etc. Took me about 8 months to get through the PT and start being active again. In Feb I started biking and hiking again, and did a vegan CICO diet for two months and got down to about 205 from 240.

Then had a stressful housing/work situation and had to move and change jobs suddenly and fell off my diet. My job is now stable and my housing is semi-stable. I started hitting the gym religiously about 3 months ago. Lifting days, cardio days, circuit training days. comes out to about 6 days a week of being active. My strength has gone up a lot. Whether from increased muscle or from increased calories from being hungry from working out, my weight is creeping back up. two months ago, I was 202/203 every morning. now I'm 207/208 every morning.

For the last couple months, I keep trying to get back on my diet to lose the last bit of weight I want to get rid of. Trying to get down to 180. I just can not get myself to stick to it. the exact same diet I was on before isn't working anymore. Partly because I get crazy hungry after working out so much. partly because I just can't get my discipline back to do it.

any tips?

FWIW: my losing weight diet is basically:

coffee in the morning. semi-fasting. I try not to eat until I'm super hungry, because I find I eat most of my calories in the evening. Protein shake and/or banana and/or low sugar oatmeal around noon. another banana or dark chocolate or something like a Lara bar in the afternoon as a snack. dinner: protein and greens. I was doing seitan or tofu, but I found I'm mildly allergic to soy, so lately this has been chicken or beef or elk. later in the evening, because I get super hungry, and i can't sleep hungry: more low sugar oatmeal.

this comes out to about 2200 calories.

my normal, not losing weight diet is: coffee with pastries or a biscuit sandwich, snacks all day, big sandwich for lunch, usually more snacks, large dinner like burger or pizza or steak, more snacks before bed, lots of coconut water and occasional seltzer or diet coke. cookies after the gym. things like lara bars on my rides (i mountain bike for an hour or 3 almost every day, in addition to lifting for an hour or kettlebell circuits for an hour).

submitted by /u/skibikeskibike
[link] [comments]

from RSSMix.com Mix ID 8319519 https://ift.tt/3uryQG3

Comments

Popular Posts