Poison control made fun of my weight

I (30m) am 6'3" 320 pounds down from 370. Just want to start out by saying I've been a lurker for a while and this sub has been amazingly helpful and everyone is so supportive of one another!

I had to call poison control today because I accidentally mixed up a vitamin that I've been taking with high dose iron supplements my SO takes for Anemia, after explaining what had happened the woman who answered asked me for my weight which makes sense, but then she kept asking me to repeat it over and over again like she had never heard of someone weighing 320 before. She then thought she put me on hold to ask a coworker about the math for what I had taken and after doing the math she said "the guy weighs like 800 pounds so he should be fine". I was shocked and called her out on it, she got flustered, told me it was nontoxic, and hung up.

I've been made fun of for my weight all my life, but this one hit different because I am finally doing something to fix it and some rando makes me feel like dog crap.

Edit: Some commenters have pointed out that she may have thought I was referring to kg when giving my weight. I'm going to choose to give her the benefit of the doubt and accept that as what happened for my own sake. Her math would be way off for the toxicity calculation though, and she may also want to learn how to mute her phone to avoid these situations in the future 😂

Either way, thanks for all the support! just felt good to type it out

submitted by /u/Samsquantch_
[link] [comments]

from RSSMix.com Mix ID 8319519 https://ift.tt/2ZNXtSv

Comments

Popular Posts