Body image issues since losing weight, can anyone relate?
Over the past year, I (24F) have lost about 45lbs (210 to 165, I'm 5'7"). For the first time ever, I wasn't really conscious of it - I just made small changes and the weight slowly came off. I know this is a good thing, and I'm happy that I'm at a healthier place. However, I'm suddenly aware of how much my body has changed and I'm really not used to it.
One of the major changes was going on hormonal medication for my PMDD. The meds have worked wonders for it, and I've been able to lose weight despite it. However, my chest has stayed the same size (if not bigger) while my body has gotten smaller. My legs/hips have always been bigger than my upper body, and now it's flipped and it's totally foreign to me. I miss having a big butt and legs, I don't like being able to feel and see my collarbone and shoulders, and it's really messing with my head. I've already caught myself starting to fall into previous habits unconsciously so I can put on weight and feel more like myself again because of how uncomfortable this new body makes me.
I'm not necessarily looking for advice, though that's always welcome, I just couldn't find much online about people experiencing discomfort or dysmorphia after weightloss similar to this, so I thought I'd give it a go here. It would be nice to think that I'm not so alone in this. I feel like I should be grateful and proud of this achievement, but I just feel uncomfortable.
[link] [comments]
from RSSMix.com Mix ID 8319519 https://ift.tt/3fuGWrM
Comments
Post a Comment