Obsessing over food

I've been dieting for roughly 5 months now and have been doing extremely well. There hasn't been a single day during that time that I have gone over my caloric goal. I've also been consistently losing between 0.5 and 1 pound per week. Despite all of this, I'm surprisingly not starving all of the time because I'm trying to eat low-calorie-dense, high protein, high fiber foods for the most part.

The problem is, even though I'm not physically hungry all of the time, I obsess over food. I work at a grocery store and find myself spending way too much time on the snack aisles. I literally fantasize about eating nearly every single snack item I see. Before my diet, I was perhaps one of the pickiest eaters you would ever see. I cycled between about 4 different foods and wouldn't try anything new. Now, there is next to nothing that is unappetizing to me. I have actually been woken up from sleep just to get online to look at pictures of foods at a restaurant. I have had an open tab for Cheesecake Factory for nearly a month now. Almost every single video I watch on Youtube is food-related. I also believe that 90% of the conversations I have with anybody any more revolve around eating. Does anybody else deal with this as well?

I should also note that my diet will conclude in just two weeks. I will finally get to eat at maintenance calories again, so hopefully, that will help some. I believe all of my calorie tracking and healthy habits I've learned will go a long way. I don't think I will ever get back to the way I was before. I'm still somewhat worried that my food obsession might stick with me though.

submitted by /u/sapphireskyz
[link] [comments]

from RSSMix.com Mix ID 8319519 https://ift.tt/3vIrtKl

Comments