DAE binge when their SO/Family isn't watching?

I really want to lose weight, but there is a hard association I'm struggling to break. Early in our relationship (for the first 3 - 4 years) my husband tried to control what I ate. Sometimes even in front of people he would say things like "don't eat those fries, get a salad." He would say he was "nudging" me to be healthier.

After a good long while we got him to stop, but he still isn't very good about keeping his opinions of my consumption choices to himself. I feel like anything I consume is wrong. Now anytime he's gone, I feel almost compelled to eat the junk food I know he wouldn't approve of, because I know he will make snotty comments or look down on me if I eat it in front of him. My dad did something similar and it led to a mild ED when I was a teen. Any advice for breaking this? I really want to get healthier.

submitted by /u/Throwawayanon4745907
[link] [comments]

from RSSMix.com Mix ID 8319519 https://ift.tt/3BrU7C2

Comments

Popular Posts