90 pounds down with a ways to go, but seemingly hitting a plateau. Advice requested.

I'm a 35 year old male, 6'2", starting weight at the beginning of the year was 386 pounds and now I'm down to 295 through CICO, but the scale hasn't budged at all in 2 weeks. I've been tracking my TDEE using the sedentary activity level this while time, staying at a 1000 or more deficit every day and adjusting my calories down every 5 pounds to make sure I'm accounting for burning less calories at lower weight, when I started a 1,000 calorie deficit was around 2300 calories, at my current weight it's around 1800 calories. I do measure my food precisely to prevent underestimating portion size.

The only thing I can think of is that in the past 3 weeks I've been hitting the gym hard, sometimes twice a day, and readjusted my macros so I'm getting 170 plus grams of protein every day to help with muscle growth. I have seen significant muscle gain since then, to the point where friends and coworkers are asking how I've gotten my arms and shoulders ao much bigger in a relatively short amount of time.

Is it possible this "stall" might just be added muscle weight, or should I consider dropping my daily calories to break through this plateau?

submitted by /u/TitoDidN0thingWrong
[link] [comments]

from RSSMix.com Mix ID 8319519 https://ift.tt/2WmBPD5

Comments

Popular Posts