Slightly discouraging even though the scale is going down

Just wanted to know how if this sounds normal or if anyone else has had a similar experience as im feeling a little discouraged today, despite seeing progress on the scale.

I'm a 27M, 6 feet tall and I used to weigh 190 pounds. I remember as i started gaining weight a few years ago, when I was around 225-230 I had this jacket I used to wear that was a bit snug, but I really liked it. I grew out of it and gained weight up to 250lbs before I decided to start trying to actively lose weight this year.

Today, I stepped on the scale and it said 225.6lbs, so on the scale I've lost a total of 24 pounds, which is awesome. However, I tried on the jacket I remember wearing at this weight before and I can't button it up at all. It used to be snug at this weight I remember, but now it literally doesnt fit even though I'm the same weight I was when I used to wear it. Its kind of discouraging seeing the scale number going down but it feels like im not shrinking proportionately. Am i just maybe losing fat in other places first?

submitted by /u/Burner9408
[link] [comments]

from RSSMix.com Mix ID 8319519 https://ift.tt/2XWqmdW

Comments

Popular Posts